Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Polar Express

Each year around Christmas time, Eddie and I enjoy reading the book Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg  together before bedtime. From the first moment we read the book together, we were hooked but for two very different reasons. Eddie was hooked because he could relate to the boy riding on the Polar Express and I was hooked because of the joy "believing" brings to my child's life. After reading the book and watching the movie the last two years I decided it would be worth it to take Eddie to ride on the Polar Express. The ride truly tried to replicate the tone and mood of the book and because of that all children paid close attention, including my own. Eddie was so excited and so attentive that my heart melted every time his eyes widened with amazement. Here are a few pictures of our ride on the Polar Express together.

No comments: