Friday, July 2, 2010

May 23rd-July 4th (Just Keep Reading, Just Keep Reading, Reading, Reading, Reading)

The last month and a half has been filled with so much love and joy among family and friends. And at times, tears too.

May 23rd was a day filled with both heart ache and joy. The hubby and I planned to take our little man to Thomas the Tank Engine Train ride that day. To make things easy, I always try to have everything ready to go so that we can just jump in the car and enjoy our day without any "drama". Well this particular morning, I had to move cars.... a few of them.... one of which included my husband Ford 250 Truck. And prior to leaving for our fun filled day we had a terrible accident. Speagle Beagle (my husband's dog of 15 years) was tragically injured by me while moving the truck and she did not make it ( there was hysterical crying by all). It was one of the most terrible mornings ever.
Speagle Beagle- You are thought about often and we will never forget you R.I.P.

After all that, we had these train tickets that we had told our son about. So he knew that he was going to ride Thomas that day. We couldn't take that away from him. He didn't do anything wrong. So, we still went to Thomas and tried to make the best out of our day at Thomas. And I'm glad that we did and I think my husband is glad that we did and I know our son was glad that we did because he had a blast. The train ride itself was not all that great but seeing the big Thomas come down that tracks was awesome. Our son just loved seeing Thomas and he really loved jumping in all the Thomas blow up bounce houses, playing with the red bouncy balls, and getting a few tattoos.
Here is my man, daddy, and Thomas:


I think our little man might be a toy hoarder..... If he could have collect all the balls he would have!
Applying tattoos at home:May 30th we went to Peepaw and Grandma Mueller's for a Memorial Day cookout. We were only there for about three hours and in that three hours I think our little man almost cut all sixteen acres of grass. He just wanted to run, run, run and look at the horses. We tried to get him in the pool but he did not want to "wim" as he would say. He definitely enjoyed his tractor ride with Peepaw and if he could have rode that tractor all day, he would have been in tractor heaven!
Here are some pictures:




On June 5th my daycare provider posted a sign on her door that said, "Does anyone want a cat? There is a stray cat in my backyard that needs a home." So, what do I do? I go home and tell my husband about it and he says, "Our little man just asked for a cat. Why don't you bring it home, if it's cute." And this is what I got myself into to!!!!! I have to admit.... she's a cutie and a keeper and our little man loves her. He named her KIKI. On June 7th I took our little man to have his first and last lunch with Peepaw Mueller at Perry High School. I was fortunate enough to work in the same school district as my father for the past three years. Unfortunately, he is moving to a new school district come August. My lunch is typically a half hour lunch which was never enough time to take our little man for lunch with Peepaw but this day was a bit different. Most of the sixth grade class was gone so I had a little wiggle room in my lunch schedule and I thought that I better squeeze this lunch in because we will never have the opportunity to have lunch together again. Our little man enjoyed lunch with his Peepaw!!!! And here is a picture of the daycare crew.... This was taken on June 8th, second to last day at daycare. They had parties all week! Our little man just loves going to Ms. Celeste and he loves his friends that he has made there! On June 11th my husband took our little man to a hot air balloon show at a local winery near our house while I went to a baseball game with my mom. And can you believe out of hundreds of people he ran into his best friend from day care. Here they are: June 14th we began going to the local library for story time. Story time always begins with a little marching song, then a short story, a puppet show, a longer story, some songs, and then ends with twinkle, twinkle little star with the lights out and glowing stars for the kids to hold. Our little man absolutely loves going to story time. Our first trip was a learning experience. As you can imagine, he was so excited and curious.... sitting the first time there was not really an option but now we go and he will sit on his little carpet listening attentively to Ms. Eason!!!! He is so cute, sometimes at night before going to bed he will say, "Mom, Ms. Eason???" and I say, "Yes honey, we will see her on Monday at story time!"

Here are a few pictures at story time:

The first time we went, Cassidy (our neighbor who I watch once a week) was with us. We actually made the Tye Dye t-shirts together the week before. Aren't they cute??June 16th we began going to gymnastics class. It's not really a structured class but they do have a balance beam, swing, and rings. Our little man can almost walk on the small balance beam by his self, jump on the trampoline, roll, attempts to do summer salts (he still needs help with this), attempts to get on the swing (still needs to learn to pump his legs- we are working on this), and of course can jump off of any mat. June 18th we went to the Strawberry Festival. Our little man loved the car ride..... but only when it was not moving!!! Luckily, it broke down and he got to sit in the purple car while the ride was being fixed!June 20th Peepaw and Grandma Mueller came over for Father's Day. We had a nice relaxing afternoon, a great dinner, and enjoyed each others company. When our little man woke up from his nap he wanted to go for a tractor ride, so of course daddy took him! And what did they find after they started up the tractor? A family of mice!!! A mama and some babies!
Here is one of the babies!Here is grandma Mueller pushing little man in his swing! And Peepaw opening his Father's Day present!June 27th we celebrated cousin Jason's birthday. His party was at a bounce house!!! Once our little man got warmed up there was not stopping him. He had so much fun!!! I have a feeling we will definitely be having a birthday party at a bounce house in the future.

Here's our man having fun with his uncle Mark: Here's my cutie pie:Being held by the birthday boy, Jason:After the bounce house party, we went to cousin Bella's first birthday party! Our little man danced his butt of with all the cutie little girls and stole Bella's birthday car for a good part of the party. WARNING: Our little man loves cars, trucks, tractors, and four wheelers... if you bring one to a party, park, gym class, your house or ours he will most likely take it some how some way!!!!

Here he is with Peepaw, Bella, and Uncle Louie!Fourth of July weekend was very eventful!!! As you can see from my pictures below..... we found another little friend. OMG..... I now have two cats!!!!! Long story short, the hubby was taking our little man for a tractor ride when all of a sudden they saw 8-10 kittens running through the backyard. We ended up catching the black and white one and yes for some strange reason I was apart of the wild goose chase??? She was found on Friday July 2nd and she has been named PUPPY CAT .... our little man has named both cats. I don't know how or when he became a cat lover but he is and he just loves them. July 3rd Grandma and Papa Alberts came over for a cookout and July 4th we went to Grandma and Peepaw Mueller's house. Here is a picture of the three of us sitting by Peepaw's pool!
Our summer has been a blast so far!!! Our little man is growing by the minute and has developed the best personality ever. He is kind, gentle, smart, curious, loving, adventurous, and ours!!!! He melts our hearts each and every day.
FYI- Title was inspired by Finding Nemo! Our son is loving his movies right now. His favorites are Cars, Toy Story, and Nemo!!!!

































3 comments:

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

So cute Dani! He looks like he's having a great summer!! Give him a hug and a kiss from us :)

Unknown said...

Looks like a fun Summer! Sorry about your dog :( - but happy about the cats! I almost took Landon to Thomas out here this year. It looks so cute, we'll have to try it out next year!

Kat said...

Holy moly that sounds like a pretty awesome summer! What a lucky little man. :)

I'm so sorry about your dog. How horrible. :(