Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas 2009

Where do I begin? Christmas, Christmas, Christmas... was so magical this year. We are blessed with a crazy little boy who was so unbelievably cute Christmas morning trying to hand us his presents. He can say Santa, he can tell us what Santa says (insert HO HO HO here), but I'm not totally sure he really understood "Christmas" this year. However, once I showed him how to open his presents the train left the station and didn't stop until he opened his presents and anyone else's that were under the tree!

Once all of his presents were open, he quickly learned how to operate them. Did I tell you that he is one smart cookie? And he plays hard... there's no stopping him when he want to play. This past Sunday night he literally pushed one of his new tractors on my bed, while his head bobbed up and down like he was bobbing for apples, until he feel asleep. Our boy is definitely determined! He's growing up so fast. He's starting to repeat everything we say and he's beginning to understand emotion. He's been walking or should I say running and he doesn't sit still for a second. But we love him. We love him so much it hurts. I can only speak for myself when I say, our son has really helped me to understand how important family really is and how you really can't love them enough.

We tried to love on most of our immediate family the weekend before Christmas, Christmas Eve, Christmas day, and the Sunday after. So, like many of you, we were busy. Really busy. It's not like I was slaving in the kitchen making cookies or anything like that ( don't worry, I eat plenty of cookies)... it was the working, trying to shop, and the keeping up with a 20 month old while trying to prepare for company/going for visits that kept me busy. And SWOOSH! Just like that, Christmas has already come and gone. And even though I am tired, so tired.... I am already looking forward to next Christmas and memories that will be made.

Lots and lots and lots of Christmas pictures:




Now, onto the New Year. I hope to spend more time with family and I hope to change some habits, like my eating! lol... So, I have once again joined a weight loss challenge to help me hold myself accountable.
Click here Sisterhood for details about the challenge and leave a comment if you want to join.
Rethink Your Shrink!

No comments: