Sunday, January 4, 2009

The New Year has been very restful so far


Although our little guy has four teeth coming in at once, we have had a restful New Year so far. Besides playing with all the Christmas toys and eating, we've been resting!!! I think our little one just needs the extra rest right now. I'm not quite sure how the hole teething thing works since this is my first time going through it. But it seems that babies just need extra rest during this time! And that's what he (we) has been doing.

Today is my last day of winter vacation and I plan on RESTING. Have I said that word enough yet?? Anyway, I have enjoyed pretending to be a stay at home mom for the past 17 days. Although part of me kept thinking.... How do these stay at home moms do it? I mean nothing against being a stay at home mom but don't you need to get out of the house for adult time to keep your sanity?? My husband and I were able to go to dinner one evening during my time off and it was nice and at the same time it was enough. I'm not saying that if I was a stay at home mom I would need to go out all the time, once or twice a month is good with me!!! I am a very social person and need to socialize every once in a while!

Anyway, back to work tomorrow. I will miss all the time I had to get the millions of things done around the house (AND WITH MY BABY) that need done on a daily basis. I will go from having tons of time to having no time for anything but yet still manage to take care of everything. I'm still trying to figure out how that works? I hope your New Year has been as restful as ours!!!

3 comments:

maggie said...

So glad that you got to spend such a relaxing time hanging out at home and with your baby.

Unknown said...

This sounds so much like what I am going through right now. I didn't have much time off, but it was sure nice to be with Landon. Yet at the same time I don't know how I would do being home all the time. & there is never time to get anything done when we are working! So overwhelming :) Glad you guys had good Holidays!

Christie O. said...

i have to admit for that reason exactly i have working mom envy. i miss having my own things and my own people and my own adult language. oh, it's that age old inner conflict. haha! anyway, i'm glad you got some much needed rest! that baby is sooooooo adorable!