Friday, January 9, 2009

FTF "The Quest for Greatness" & More!

This week was a bit hectic trying to get back into the swing of things after having off for two weeks. I did, however, manage to squeeze in some work outs. My work outs weren't great this week and if I continue on this path, I will never reach my goal of being able to stay on the elliptical for an hour at least three days a week.

Here is what I did this week:

Saturday: 40 minute Pilates work out, 25 minute walk on tread mill with son in tow.
Sunday: OFF
Monday: 45 minute Pilates work out.
Tuesday: 30 minutes on the elliptical, one mile walk.
Wednesday: 45 minute Pilates work out.
Thursday: 33 minutes on the elliptical.
Friday: OFF

Since this challenge is not about loosing weight, I did not weigh in this week. I am feeling a bit bloated anyway and probably won't like what I see.

On another note:
What was your child eating at the age of 8 and 1/2 months? I am asking this question because my son is just not progress with his foods like he should. I know all babies are different and I understand that, but it is very frustrating when we haven't even moved past 1st foods. My son is just getting slammed with teeth left and right. He has his two bottom teeth, his two eye teeth, and now he is getting his two front teeth. I also know that he has been in pain and probably could careless about food at this point in time. I guess I just wanted to know what other moms have done with the whole eating/ teething issue, how they got their children to eat, and what types of food their children were eating at this age? Don't get me wrong, my son is healthy and gaining weight like he should. I just feel like he should be working on skills to develop physically such as his pincher reflex etc....and I know eating table foods help to develop some of those types of skills. Any advice?

No comments: