Sunday, May 4, 2008

Bringing Baby Home

Yesterday May 3, 2008 my son and I were released from the hospital to make our journey home. I can't even begin to explain the feelings I had when leaving the hospital.... I thought, he's finally ours and we are completely responsible for anything that could happen to our precious little boy.

The ride home was a piece of cake. There is something about car seats and riding in the car that just seem to put babies fast asleep because that's what our little guy did, sleep!!! When we pulled down our street we noticed a welcome home sign in the front yard, thank you grandma and grandpa Alberts!!!

My husband and I got our little guy comfortable, I fed him, and then we organized the house to make our transition home as cozy as possible for all of us! I think our little guy got cozy right away because he slept most of the afternoon and into the evening between feedings. I on the other hand did not listen to the doctors when they told me to sleep when he sleeps... I was so excited to be home I just kept doing little things here and there in between feedings that next thing I new it was 8:00p.m. And that's when it all began!!! First was the poppy diaper, then it was time to eat again, then there was the wet diaper, I told my husband to take a nap, then it was time to eat again, husband woke up, I napped for two hours, then it was time to eat again, then there was another wet diaper etc..... Needless to say, I did not get much sleep through the night but I really didn't mind because he's the cutest baby I have ever seen ( I might be a little bias already).

No comments: