Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Home Visit


The Lake County General Health District provides a home visit for new moms through their Help Me Grow program. A nurse came to our home yesterday to check how everyone has been holding up! She (Lori) checked the babies temperature, weight, height, head circumference, and chest circumference. My son did a great job while she was here. He has gained 11 more ounces since last Tuesday May 6th and now weights 9lbs. 3oz. He grew in length too! He now measures 21 and 3/4 inches.
We had one small incident while the nurse was here, and thank god she was. My son threw up all over the place. To me it look like a scene from the movie "The Exorcist". Immediately, I started to cry and asked her what was wrong. She said, "that's normal, sometimes when babies eat to much to quickly they puke it back up." She told me to worry if he did it again (which he did not). She took his temperature again and assured me he was fine.
The rest of the afternoon we just hung out and watched t.v. He did really good from about 1:30p.m. until 4:30p.m. but then the crying started.... just in time for dad to get home. My husband took over so that I could get some rest. However, our son had different plans... he just wouldn't stop crying. I kept telling my husband that he was hungry and he kept telling me I just got done feeding him again. I said, "Welcome to my world!" Finally, I got up and breastfed him again around 8:30p.m. and that put him out for the evening. We all slept for about five hours 8:30p.m.- 1:30a.m. I got up and fed him again at 1:30a.m. and then he fell back asleep from 3:00a.m-6:00a.m.!!! I actually got almost eight hours of sleep last night! Yeah, I am a happy mommy this morning and baby is happy too!

No comments: