Thursday, September 4, 2008

Doctor's visit part II

We finally had our 4 month well visit that I have been anxiously awaiting. Everything checked out on the up and up. Our little guy (okay maybe he isn't so little) weighs 16lbs 4oz, he's 26 inches long, and has a head circumference of 44 inches. I was curious about the head circumference and asked, "What does that number tell you anyway?" and I was told by the nurse that all it means is that his head is bigger than 89% of other babies his age. Was she telling me that my son has a big head? So I asked, "Is this a good thing or a bad thing?" and she said, "Oh no it's fine." FINE.... I hate that word as I am sure most women do. FINE... what the heck? Anyway, he's healthy and that's all that matters because big head or not he's beautiful!!! And according to my husband, he gets his head from me and I just so happen to like my head so of course I love his little (big) cutie patootie head too.
I was told that I could start him on rice cereal and then slowly introduce him to other solid foods such as carrots, squash, and sweet potatoes. All I have to remember is to introduce the yellow vegetable first and then move on from there... piece of cake... I got things covered!!!
We tried the rice cereal today which was the cutest thing ever. My son, as you have seen from many of the pictures loves to put his hand in his mouth at all times, took a couple of spoonfuls that ended up in his nose, all over his hands, and on his checks. He tried to spit some of it out so I too got my dose of the rice cereal. I new by the look on his face that he was ready for bed so we cut the first feeding short so that he didn't have a bad first experience. We will try again tomorrow. I'm already looking forward to my dose of rice cereal.

No comments: