Friday, September 12, 2008

Fat Ticker Friday (Hot for the Holidays)

I lost a total of two pounds this week. I didn't necessarily watch my food intake this week because I have been making a conscious effort to healthier foods in general. I figure lots of small healthy meals has to be better than three large unhealthy meals. I worked out every day except for Saturday and have been trying new things, like the elliptical. At first, I did not like the elliptical but now that I have found the weight loss program I LOVE IT!

Here's what I did this week:

Sunday: 3.2 mile run on treadmill at an incline of 3.5 and speed of 5.5.
Monday: 3 miles on the elliptical, 1 mile walk.
Tuesday: 3 mile walk with my son.
Wednesday: 3 mile run on the track, 1 mile walk.
Thursday: 3 miles on the elliptical, 1 mile walk.
Friday: 3 miles on the elliptical, 1 mile walk.

Last week, I tried lifting weights for the first time in a long time and added a few sit ups. I decided that my body needs more time before doing those types of exercises. I felt fine after I lifted but it caught up to me by the weekend. I did not feel right all day Saturday and think that had a lot to do with it. And for the record, I use Taking it off together Tuesday's as my mid week check on the old scale. The pound I reported Tuesday is one of the pounds that I am reporting for our Fat Ticker Friday!

Now on to the question of the week:

"What do you want your legacy to be?"

First I would like to start by saying that I am so glad Christie asked this question. I have been thinking about this a lot lately since having my first child and reading the book The Last Lecture. That being said here is my answer to the question:
I want to lead by example and show my son that hard work and perseverance pays off. I want my family to know that no matter what I will always love them and be there for them. I want to set goals and accomplish them. As many of you know, I am a teacher and as a teacher you kind of become a life long learner. I want learn more about our economy, politics, and the world in general so that I can help my son make the right decisions/choices as he becomes a man. I want to continue to live an active healthy lifestyle (lead by example) so that my son will want to do the same. I want to life to the fullest without regret and for the people in my life to know I have no regrets because in some way or other I care about each person that has crossed my path.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You have set wonderful guidelines to live by. Hopefully, your son will listen to you and follow your example! Sometimes it takes people until they turn thirty and become a Mother to understand how important the economy , politics, etc. are! Wow! I think you are officially grown up!

Melissa said...

holy crap you work out a lot... good for you!! I have been trying to do something everyday for at least two weeks, but things got a little crazy on wed and thur... including taking our Lucy to the hospital for swallowed tin foil... yea... so I didn't make it that day. But seriously, good for you!