Friday, November 7, 2008

FTF "HFH"

I finally feel like I am getting HOT FOR THE HOLIDAYS!!! I did not lose any weight this week but I can tell that I am finally losing the inches. And to be quiet honest with you, I would rather lose inches than weight. Weight is just a number, it's how I feel that really counts. And even though I've been sick this week, I feel great!!! Or should I say I feel like I look great FINALLY!!! My clothes are fitting better and I am almost back to my size 8 jeans, which for me is good since I am 5'10!!!! Anyway, enough of tooting my own horn... I usually never do that!!!!

Here is what I did this week:

Saturday: 3 mile run and 3 sets of stairs at the park with the dogs.
Sunday: OFF
Monday: 2.5 mile run on treadmill, 1 mile walk.
Tuesday: 2 mile walk with son in running stroller (it was beautiful out and I wanted to enjoy the weather with him!!!)
Wednesday: 3 mile run on track, 1 mile walk.
Thursday: 3 miles on the elliptical.
Friday: OFF

This weeks questions was a fill in the blank posted by Christie.

My life would be better if I had more ________.

My life would be better if I had more TIME. Time to spend with my husband. Time to spend with my child. And time to spend with our families. It's funny... when I was younger my parents would always say, "Don't be in such a hurry to grow up." Well now I know what they were talking about. When I was younger it felt like time stood still and now there just isn't enough of it, if you know what I mean. It seems like only yesterday I was crying and complaining about doing chores before I was allowed to go with my friends and that was about 15 years ago. It seems like only yesterday I moved into my own dorm room on my college campus and that was about 12 years ago. It seems like only yesterday that I finished my masters degree and got married and that was about 5 years ago. And it seems like only yesterday that I had my child was born and that was already over 6 months ago!!! And to think.... I will never get any of that time back. So, I will cherish the time I have now.... even though I wish I had more of it!!!

2 comments:

Clara said...

I really like your answer to this week's question. Don't think about the time slipping away. Just live each day and savor all those moments.

I'm looking forward to seeing more changes in my body. Sounds like you're really doing well.

Honey Mommy said...

I did not lose weight this week either. Hopefully we will both have big numbers next week!