Tuesday, June 3, 2008

5 Weeks Old


Our son is 5 weeks old today! My how the time is going by so fast. We have had a busy couple of days. Saturday we went of our usual walk, and took a bath! Grandma Dresp came over Saturday evening so that my husband and I could get our for a bit with one of his friends. We had a great time for the couple of hours that we got out and it was especially nice being really close to home! In the past we would just talk about work, friends, family etc.... but Saturday all we talked about was our little baby and all the things we want to do with him. It's funny how life changes in the blink of an eye. The things we thought were important before aren't really all that important anymore. The most important thing is taking care of our son the best that we can! Sunday we just relaxed. Monday I took our son to the school district that I work for and did some visiting. Grandpa Mueller was very excited to see us! Today we went to the doctors for my postpartum check up. The doctor said everything looks great and that I am healing well from the cesarean section. The doctor told me that I am allowed to lightly jog but for some reason I am still not allowed to mow the grass, which I was disappointed to hear. That might sound funny to hear someone say that, but I actually enjoy that kind of physical work!

Our son has begun to sleep through the night! He went down at 9:00p.m. last night and woke up to eat at 5:00a.m. He is also talking and smiling more these days. The best is when he wakes up in the morning... it's almost like he saying "Good morning MOMMY, I love you!"


Happy birthday baby!

No comments: