Friday, July 4, 2008

Fat Ticker Friday

It's a wash! I didn't loose any weight this week but I didn't gain any either so I will take it! I also didn't eat as well as I should have. I did stick to the NO BEER during the week, yet it was the weekend that killed me. I had two beers and three glasses of wine which caused me to gain back the three pounds that I lost last week (water weight). I lost those three pounds again this week but duh? that doesn't count so a big fat zero it is. If I could just not drink those unnecessary cocktails on the weekend I would be in good shape.... darn it! Anyway, enough about that... on to the the workout.

Here is what I did this week:

1. Sunday- I ran 2.5 miles with dogs and three sets of stairs at the park.
2. Monday- I ran/walked 3 miles on treadmill (27 min. run at an incline of 3.5).
3. Tuesday- I walked 3 miles or maybe more... I didn't really keep track this day because I walked with a friend.... To much talking!!!
4. Wednesday- I walked 3 miles, and tried to do some crunches.
5. Thursday- I did not workout today, the crunches set me back. I guess my body is not ready for crunches yet.

This was not a very good week. Baby steps right?

Now as for an embarrassing workout story.... I really just can't seem to think of one. The only thing that comes remotely close to embarrassing was wearing the Tour De France shirt in college. Let me explain!
I played college basketball at Western Michigan University (MAC). Yes, I did get a full ride scholarship! Along with the scholarship came conditioning workouts, weight training, practices, and study tables that of course were all mandatory. Well I decided, as a freshman and now it all, that one day I would sleep in and show up to lift weights whenever I woke up. Bad, Bad, Bad idea! I was supposed to be in the weight room that morning by 6:30a.m. and what do you know I stroll in at 7:30a.m. because remember I know everything and I was going to do what I wanted to do.... Yeah right!!! My whole team just stopped what they were doing and looked at me like YOU ARE IN DEEP ****!! And I was. Bob our strength and conditioning coach looked at me and said "have you ever watched the Tour De France on TV?" I just stood there (jaw hitting the ground at this point because I knew what was coming) dumbfounded in front of my entire team. And then it appeared! The yellow Tour De France shirt. I had to put on the shirt and get on the bike until I was told to stop. I pedalled and pedalled and pedalled and pedalled..... for a very, very long time. It was very embarrassing when the rest of my team was practicing and I was still riding the bike. A few teams even came and went in the weight room and of course they all had to ask me why I was wearing the shirt and how long did I have to ride the bike for... You think I would have learned my lesson but not so much! I'll save that story for another time!

3 comments:

Christie O. said...

that's ok!! no loss means no gain either! so that's cool! you did a lot of exercise which is awesome! happy 4th!! hope you have a great week! funny story by the way!!!

Dani said...

Thanks! I hope you have a nice 4th of July as well!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

I didn't lose either and I forgot fat loss friday. I'll do it today. Love the 4th pictures.