Saturday, August 16, 2008

Mystery Solved (and the ending of our day!)

My husband planted some bushes in our back yard about three years ago. When he's back their cutting the grass he always scopes them to see if they have flourished. The funny thing is, when he was cutting the grass today he thought to himself WOW these bushes have really grown in the last couple years. But then we saw what was really going on back there. Apparently, the bushes could be much bigger than they are but the family of deer that visits our yard nightly have been snacking




SEE


So we have come to the conclusion that all along we have just been feeding the deer.



Now onto the deep fried veggies that I promised to tell you about. I made beer batter with Commodore Perry (a great lake brew) you can read more about the beer here, it was great on the veggies but I personally did not enjoy the beer as a beverage for my drinking pleasure. We fried zucchini, broccoli, carrots, and onions with it, talk about delicious!!! I'm sure I will be paying for it tomorrow when my feet feel like their stuck in cement on my morning run with the dogs.


And then there was quality time with my son. He is the best and cutest baby ever and if I don't say so myself, I'm not looking to bad either!!!


We had an awesome day!

2 comments:

Kat said...

I think I'd rather have small bushes feeding the deer than large bushes and no deer. Seems a small price to pay, no? So pretty!

Great pic! BOTH of you are beautiful!

Tammy said...

I'm hungry right now and your veggie's sound so very good. Nice picture.