I have many things to do and organize before I go back to work. I can't believe my summer with my baby is over. Beginning next week he will be in the care of someone else for three days and after that five days a week for the rest of the school year. I am going to miss him so much. I have two days with him next week all to myself and believe me when I say I am going to take full advantage of them. We might just hibernate in the house those two days and play so that I do not have to share him with anyone else.
Here are thirteen things I need to do to prepare, gather, and organize for my son's transition to daycare. SO SAD!
1. Pack extra diaper bag with extra clothes.
2. Make sure my extra med kit has everything he will need in the event that he gets sick or the sitter needs to take his temperature etc...
3. Buy extra bottles to keep at the daycare.
4. Buy bulk diapers and wipes to keep at the daycare.
5. Buy formula and soon solids (we go for his four month check up on September 3rd and that's when the doctor will tell me what kinds of solids I can start him on OMG... he is getting so big!)
6. Make a list of contact emergency numbers ( I think I have this one done, just need to print it out).
7. Provide daycare a schedule of when he will be going to grandma Alberts (she will be watching him one day a week except for the days she goes on vacation to her cabin).
8. Make sure that all the grandparents have the daycare address and phone number... just in case.
9. Pack extra bottle brush, spoons, cups, and toys.
10. Make a list of my baby's typical day (habits, nap times etc..) so that hopefully the daycare will keep him on the same schedule.
11. Spend every free day I have left loving my son.
12. Hug and kiss him a thousand times.
13. Lots and lots and lots of cuddling before the dreaded day of daycare arrives!!!!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants